Thursday, February 05, 2009

The bizarre technologies....The search for a Laptop...Plus Iron Man&Hair Dryer

FINALLY! I had bought the Iron Man VCD,couple days ago, from TS at $12.50, a few dollars cheaper than the selling price $15.90 at CD-RAMA. Indeed, I had watched Iron Man before...however, it was good enough to re-watch tons of times. That's the reason why I am willing to fork out that couple bucks for it. That's true for TRANSFORMER as well, though the VCD seems to be out of stock at TS. Oh well, maybe next time! I re-watched it the very same day I bought it and I enjoyed thoroughly. I even managed to watched the scene after the credits which promised a sequel. I missed that part when I was in the cinemas.

That wasn't the only stuff I had bought recently. I had bought a Philips SalonDry 'n Straight HP 4867 at Harvey Norman today, 5 February 2009, Thursday. It costs me $69.90. I haven't tried it yet. I will after my shower. The salesman said that if it's spoiled, I can get a new one free of charge if I have the receipt. The picture is as below. You can find information of it here. Initially, I was thinking of getting a Braun hair dryer. However, I soon aborted the plan as a better one means an expensive one. Then, I was thinking of getting a Philips SalonDry Professional HP 4992 or Philips SalonDry Control HP 4983 or Philips SalonDry 'n Straight HP 4867. I decided to bought the last option as I decided that I don't need that high watt and I heard that a higher watt means more damage to the hair. Besides, Philips SalonDry 'n Straight HP 4867 has a floating comb which is used for straightening the hair. Thus, I have more options to choose from.



Below is an account of what happened today.

After going to a Polyclinic with my mother, we went to a shopping mall. After shopping around, my mother wanted me to look for clothes so that I could wear to Polytechnic but it's either it doesn't suit me or I don't like it. Oh well. I will try UNIQLO when it opens. I am thinking of getting a pair brown coloured low heeled boots. I had always like boots. This could be the perfect chance for me to get it!

After lunch, we were basically wandering around aimlessly in that mall. I suggested going to Challenger since I just wanted to see the laptops they are selling there. I am going to get a laptop(FINALLY!~)for my studies at Polytechnic. I saw the cute pink laptop I saw someone using at the library. However, the keyboard is white in colour which means that it will get dirty very easily. Among those laptops that I had seen, I love the cute HP Mini 1000 that cost only $799. It light and small enough and it's keyboard is superb! The keys are big and easy to press! That's the thing I loved about it most. I found later at home via internet it's disadvantages which put me off by a little. I took couple of pamphlets before leaving Challenger. We head for Harvey Norman to get that Philips SalonDry 'n Straight HP 4867 when I saw the very same HP MIni 1000selling at the very same price as Challenger. So cute!
Oh well, I got the Philips SalonDry 'n Straight HP 4867 after the very same salesman who had sold us the vacuum cleaner explained to me it's features. After his explanation, I knew clearly that Philips SalonDry 'n Straight HP 4867 is the hair dryer I wanted. Hopefully it will work well and give me shiny beautiful hair with less damage!

Now that the re-account is done, I shall list down the criteria hopefully the laptop I am going to buy will meet.

1) Small-I don't want a big one that might not fit into my bag.
2) Light-So I wouldn't have a heavy bag.
3) Decent features and stuff.
4) Wireless.
5) Great price-This is a hard one to meet.

I think that's all. I don't know much about laptops, computers and all that software and hardware anyway. I don't even know what's a Intel Core 2 Duo...looks like I need to consult my uncles again...>.<|||

I do know what to do with my laptop though. I shall see if there's any Doraemon screen stick on thing(I don't know what's that called) that prevents people for seeing what you are doing with your laptop. I want it mainly for privacy and also out of my love for Doraemon! =D

No comments: