Tuesday, August 12, 2008

☆~♥Released of "O" Level Chinese Language Results♥~☆

5975730 seconds to Bogus to Bubbly.

This day had finally came. To think that I was still tossing and turning on my bed yesterday, unable to sleep. Was it due to me worrying about my results or because of the fact that it was too hot for me to fall asleep? That does not matter now. Not to me at least.

Today was a day filled with anxiety. Everyone was especially restless and were all wondering (or perhaps worrying?) about their "O" Level Mother Tongue which would be released at 1.40pm right after school. The lessons we went through without totally paying 100% attention to what the teachers were saying. The last lesson, which was supposed to be CDP, was the most horrible. Apparently, the teachers were instructed to stop all CDP lessons and allow any subject teachers to take over the one hour lesson instead. My CDP teacher was my Geography teacher. She kept going through the questions on a local examination paper. I was not paying attention to her. Instead, I was watching the clock. Watching as the seconds tick by. It was pure torture. I convinced myself that I would do well. I would get the results I want. Yet there is still a tiny part of my heart that questioned myself. Could I really do it? I only knew that I must.

The lesson finally ended. It was now the time for us to know our results. As the Malay students left for their Malay Language classroom, I watched the corridor, searching for my teacher. She was late for five minutes.

Finally she came. Walking in a hurried pace towards our classroom. As she gets nearer, the volume in our classroom rose. The anxiety and fear that was entwined in our voices was obvious.

"There's room for improvement (for our results)," When she was asked if she was satisfied with our results.

There were two person who had gotten an A2 and only one who had gotten an A1 for Chinese Language in our class. As she read out the name, silently, in my mind, I was praying that I would not hear my name. My mind was set for higher goals. An A1 for Chinese Language.

I let out the breath I was holding. My name was not among the two whom had gotten an A2. The volume in the classroom rose as I strained my ears to hear who was the one who had gotten the A1. I started to panic as I wondered what would happen if I was not the one who had gotten the A1. What if I had wished for something that was too much to accomplished by me? Then, I heard my name. I wondered if my mind was playing tricks on me. Had I really done it? Indrani congratulated me. Perhaps I did not hear wrongly after all.

Still unsure, I waited for my turn to take a look at the result slip and to sign on it. It was my turn. I stared at it while my teacher told me what was written on the paper. "A1 for "O" Level Chinese. Distinction for Oral and Listening Comprehension. "

It was there. Written in black and white.

I felt elated. I had achieved it. An A1 along with Distinction.

One more step closer to my dreams.

No comments: