Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Avatar Movie Outing with Samantha

Do you remember my previous post on Monday, December 21, 2009 about me wanting to watch Avatar here? Well, I finally did it on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 with Samantha.

It was, in fact, a spontaneous decision to do so. I only had one 2 hour long DCNK lab on that day, which was supposed to be from 11am to 1pm. However, the lesson ended at 12pm, which left me with a lot free time on that day. My friends were all discussing which movie they wanted to watch. It seems that they were rather interested in Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. No offenses but while they were attracted by cuteness of Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, cute just doesn't does it for me enough to spend money and watch a movie. After all most of the movie critics are crap and I believe that there must have a reason to do so.

I had contacted most of the my friends but it's either they were not interested in watching the movie or they had already watched it. My, they are sure fast. After all I only ask them after 3 days of opening. Besides that, as mentioned in my previous post here, I was pondering I should watch it in 3D or not.

Luckily for me, I remembered that I had recently reconnected with a friend and she was interested to have some shopping trip or something similar together. I decided to ask her if she's interested to watch the Avatar movie together though I know that it's a super last minute arrangement and she might not be free.

Luckily, she was and with her help on booking the tickets, we managed to grab a decent seat in Vivo City Golden Village at 4.50pm. She was late for a little while but luckily while waiting for her, I had fun window shopping in Forever 21 and Fox.

When we got the tickets, Samantha decided that she needs a bottle of water so we were complementing if we have enough time left to do so. At first, we thought that the Vivo Mart was the other side of Vivo City. Luckily for us, it was only downstairs so we make it back in time.

Although the seat was not really close to the screen, to me however, it was an awkward position for me as it forces my head to be tilted in a weird position in order to see the whole screen clearly. I got dizzy half way through the movie and started to feel nauseous. Luckily I didn't watch it in 3D or I will surely puke for sure. I gradually got used to the weird feeling and lasted through the whole movie without puking. Thank goodness. I didn't want to make a scene. I have to say though, though the fighting scene isn't as much as Transformers and such movies, the volume was deafening. Other than feeling nauseous and the deafening sound, it was rather pleasant overall. The movie is indeed a 4/5stars.

When the movie ended, we got out of the theater, we were shocked to see that it's already 7.40pm. The movie end later than we thought. We then took the public transport home.

Thanks Samantha for agreeing to watch the movie with me. =D It was fun~ Let's do it next time! (^0^)

A review on the Avatar movie will be up soon~

No comments: