Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Great Singapore Sale 2012: If I have the cash...

(It's been more than a year since I had last posted. All of the sudden I have been itching to post something again. What a shock I received when I logged in to see the interface has totally changed for Blogger! I would say for the better perhaps since it's easier to navigate. Of course, Google trademark is rather evident but hey, they own Blogger now isn't it.

So here I am, typing a new post after so long...hopefully it will be easy to navigate and post!)

It's (almost) the time of the year again! (^ー^* )♪

The annual Great Singapore Sale 2012 is back from 25 May to 22 July 2012.

In the past, I don't really give much care about Great Singapore Sale. Yes, I do look forward to it but I don't do the obsessive countdown every single day as I do for this year. Perhaps it's due to me actually having a little more money to spend during Great Singapore Sale many thanks to internship allowance?

In the past, purchases made during this period were usually undergarments and running shoes. I don't run but I love the comfort such shoes brings me. As you can tell, sadly,I don't have much fashion sense either. I do love pretty clothes and dressing up of course. But with fashion comes with a price of money, which I don't posses much of it, and also effort to mix and match for a great outfit. Laziness is in my DNA. Thus, most of the time I will just grab the first pair of jeans and T-Shirt from the wardrobe.

However, this will all change. Or so I say to myself. I will be officially graduating from polytechnic on 24 May 2012 and it's time for C-H-A-N-G-E.

Three years of polytechnic had resulted in my wardrobe being filled with almost nothing by jeans and T-Shirts. Do I really need that much jeans and T-Shirts to begin with? Jeans and T-Shirts are now my "uniform".

I doubt I will be going to venture into high maintenance fashion since I value comfort a lot but I would love to look put together. Nothing that says trying too hard but at least, casual and comfortable while looking nice.

With that, I got to stop purchasing jeans and T-Shirts but branch out in getting good pieces that will build up my wardrobe. Plus, they have to be able to incorporate into my current wardrobe collection too. No point buying one great piece but not being able to match it with anything else in my wardrobe. I have a little bit of extra dosh but not to that extent.

This post is titled "Great Singapore Sale 2012: If I have the cash..." so I will be showing items I have been eyeing recently and I will certainly buy all of it if only I have the cash.

*Which sadly, I don't. 。・゜・(/Д`)・゜・。*

Let's stop mourning and move on to the actual goods I'm lusting for shall we?

Fossil

I remembered walking past the outlet in Suntec City last year while on the way to work. The bags attracted me but I never gotten time to check them out and forgotten all about it till recently. Happened to be in that area again and it's fate I had to pass by the outlet again. This time, I made a serious mental note to check out the product catalogue online (because I'm too much of a wuss to go into the shop alone) and I did.

The designers know what they are doing. Three collections available on Fossil US website were Maddox, Vintage Re-Issue, Explorer and Key-Per. The collections appealed to me a lot. Especially with their bright colours and practical styles. I don't like bags with brands plastered all over and being in your face. I appreciate how Fossil branding is there but it blends and fits into the design quietly.

Search for reviews regarding Fossil leather products and it's been great so far. Majority commented Fossil leather products last and made of soft and great leather.

I love lots of styles in Maddox collection. Tons of colours and totally suitable for people of my age. It's not too dressy or girly but nice enough for me to pair it with casual clothes, take it to school or wear it during slightly dressier times when it calls for it.



This is leaning more towards of my impractical items on my lust list. It's a cute bag and it comes in around 10 colours. From dark to pretty pastels.

Took me a while to decide between Dusty Rose and Rose colour and I finally settled on Rose colour instead to post here.

Maddox Organizer Flap in Rose

Perhaps you are wondering why I have listed this as "impractical". With the many compartments and pockets which Fossil never fails to include in their designs, it doesn't look like an impractical bag isn't it?

Maddox Organizer Flap in Rose

Alas, it is for me.  With a 7cm width, the bag obviously can't fit in my water bottle, long wallet, umbrella etc. without looking bulging. A slim profile is one of the points that why this is an attractive bag. Sigh. You get the idea.

Maddox Organizer Flap in Rose



Maddox Satchel (US$198)
I have been searching for a brown bag to replace my Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club bag which started shedding its PVC skin after using it for less than 10 times. What's more, the very same said bag costs S$100+. Total waste of money.

I don't really like round handles for I hear it slips off easily when carried on shoulder. The thick shoulder strap provided additional carrying option which I appreciate.

Maddox Satchel in Chestnut

I also love there are hardware details on this bag but it's not over the top. It looks roomy and I think I should have no problem fitting in my long wallet, mobile, portable umbrella and water bottle, which are my main daily essentials, into the bag.

The downside would be if I were to use it as a school bag, I don't think I can squeeze my textbooks in. If I'm rich, I would certainly get this though for outings.

Maddox Satchel in Chestnut


I know I shouldn't be lusting for a new wallet since my black x pink Guy Laroche wallet is still functional and I still love the black x pink combination...BUT...I do hate how fat it is when all cards are slot in.

Maddox Zip Clutch in Dusty Rose

Besides that, the zip pocket for coins is in black! Do you know how hard it is to search for the right change when I can barely see what coin I'm looking at? It's rather tight too so I can't expand it to let more light into the zip pocket in order to find the right change.

Maddox Zip Clutch has not one but TWO zip pockets. One on the inside and the other in the rear. I can use one for coins and the other for mobile or receipts. Soft leather means it will expand will and the light dusty rose colour let more light in as compared to black isn't it?

Only downside to this Maddox Zip Clutch I can find so far would be having only 12 credit card slots while my black x pink Guy Laroche wallet has around 15. Then again, this has a 100% polyester interior which I guess wouldn't make my cards stick to the leather bits like my black x pink Guy Laroche wallet did.

Maddox Zip Clutch in Dusty Rose


Vintage Re-Issue Satchel (US$239/S$469)
This bag is not only on my lust list but I'm seriously considering it. I have tested it out in Fossil outlet and it was able to fit both my slightly bigger than A4 portfolio and thick Japanese textbook in. After doing so, there are still some space left to fill in my daily necessities.

Vintage Re-Issue Satchel in Russet Brown

I love how the simple yet roomy design. Timeless and I can use it from casual to even pairing it with formal presentation suits.

The double handles are thick and flat which makes it suitable for carrying it by shoulder or hand. I think it should have no problem with being used as a book bag or 13" laptop bag.

I do wish there is more width at the top of the bag so that I can fit in more things.

However I think it will be much cheaper to ship it over from USA instead of purchasing one in local outlets unless they have a huge markdown during Great Singapore Sale.

Vintage Re-Issue Satchel in Russet Brown

As for Fossil Explorer collection, I like the colours and design but not enough for me to post it here like I did for the items listed above.

Alright. I have been stuck on Fossil products for a while. Let's move on to another brand shall we?

Rebecca Minkoff

I got to know of this brand while lurking around on purseforum. Initially I was looking through more of Coach products but frankly speaking, it's tad too girly for me. Instead, I found about about Rebecca Minkoff while chatting in a Fossil thread then discovered the sub-forum for this brand in purseforum.

I'm guessing items stated from this brand will firmly remain in my lust list unless there's some kind of huge markdown sales.


Love the gold hardware details against black leather. It should be big enough for my daily essentials including  my water bottle. However, I'm not sure if it will be bulgy and heavy especially after my water bottle is in though.

M.A.C. (Morning After Clutch) in Black

It has little metal studs on the bottom of the bag to ensure it will sit down perfectly and at the same time, preventing dirt on the floor from getting in direct contact with the bag. Not that I will ever place my bag on the floor since I'm a cleanliness freak.

According to the description, the metal hook design in front of the clutch is placed to prevent the front zip pocket from being opened easily. Not a bad idea to ward off pickpockets right?

M.A.C. (Morning After Clutch) in Black

Prefer pictures in real life compared to bag being worn on dummy. Much easier to gauge the actual size and I like what I see here!

The strap chain is adjustable and can be doubled, singled or removed which allows switching up for a different look. Me likely.

If only I have the money... 。゜(゜´Д`゜)゜。US$295 is tad pricey to me especially since it's not a huge bag which makes it not suitable for school.

M.A.C. on style blogger Keiko Lynn


I said that M.A.C. is out of my affordable range above didn't I? Well then, this is way out of my range. US$525 is able to pay for around 9 more months of Japanese lessons.

Classic Morning After Bag in Black

A pity since this bag looks like it's roomy enough for my daily essentials and textbooks with the exterior compartments to sort my stuff. If you couldn't tell by now, I love bags which I can use it for both school/work and outings. After all what's the point of paying for an expensive bag and not make good use of it?

Round handles are still not my thing. Perhaps I will change my mind in the future about round handles but at least there's a leather strap as an alternative option of carrying the bag.

Classic Morning After Bag in Black

Blue contrast zip lining along with interior. Nice to see there are interior compartments too!

But it's still too expensive and way out of my range!

Classic Morning After Bag in Black


Timberland

Reckon you wouldn't want me to go on and on about bags so it's time to move on to shoes!

After wearing my Nike sport shoes for around 2 years or so, the soles are flapping and about to fall out. Buying new pairs of shoes is certainly my main priority now. I can't walk around in fear that my shoes will fall apart any time now can I?

Amidst my search for shoes that are durable, more comfortable and stylish than sport shoes, reviews for Timberland seemed to be pretty good. No breaking in required and I'm eager to try out their shoes at the outlet this Friday, when Great Singapore Sale starts.

I do a lot of walking around and comfort is really important to me. The reason why I stuck with sport shoes for so long is due to it being so comfortable. But they certainly aren't stylish and well I'm stuck with forever pairing it with jeans and T-Shirts. I'm eager to try out something new now.


Classic Boat 2-Eye Leather and Fabric Boat (S$159)
Never worn boat shoes before but it looks comfortable enough. I don't think I will have much problems matching it with my current wardrobe. However, most of my socks are ankle length. I don't think boat shoes looks nice with ankle length socks does it?

If not, I may have to find those no-show socks that doesn't slip. I hate how no-show socks keeps slipping off while I walk. What's the point of wearing it if it will just slip off after a few steps?!

Some people suggested Hue no-show socks with silicon padding at the back of the feet to prevent slipping. Worth looking into it as compared to pulling up my socks after every couple steps. I hope there's a store in Singapore that stocks Hue no-show socks. Shipping kills.

Timberland Classic Boat 2-Eye Leather and Fabric Boat Dazzling in Blue (left) and Pink


Earthkeepers® Caska Mocassin Country Suede (S$149)
It looks so soft and comfortable. Plus the details stated "durable and textured undercut rubber outsole (15% recycled rubber) for maximum traction." I am so sick of my sport shoes slipping on wet floors and ground.

If I get this I will have to look into that Hue no-show socks too.

Timberland Earthkeepers® Caska Mocassin Country Suede in Blue (left), Pink (center)  and Tan (right)


Earthkeepers® Whittier Boat Slip-On (S$169)
Heel height is around 5.5cm which is in my manageable range. I never understand how people are able to walk around in those sky high heels. I prefer being able to walk in comfort and confidently. not being restricted by my shoes.

I think this will look cute with dresses and skirts too.

Timberland Earthkeepers® Whittier Boat Slip-On in Greystone Blue

I'm in search for a cute pair of brown sandals but I haven't found anything I like with good reviews so far.

Pity.

Two more days to Great Singapore Sale 2012.

Did anyone manage to finish reading this post? >.<

No comments: