Saturday, September 29, 2007

What a busy November for me! =^0^=

I would not be free for either the half of the days or either the whole day. This is so as surprisingly, the number my end of year holidays activities comparing to last year's, increased incredibly. This year 2007, is the year in which that I have the most number of activities going on during the end of year school holidays. Every year during the end of year holidays, I mostly spent my time reading novels, using computer, watching television and going to public libraries(plus a couple hours of window shopping ^^). I normally only go out to the public libraries(and the malls) once in a week during holidays. Even if when I go out with my friends, it's only for at most 5 times in the 2 months holidays. It seems to be very pitiful to me for most of my other friends seems to go out every day. In case you are wondering, I don't usually touch my textbooks at all during the holidays and I will leave my homework until the last few days before I will start doing it.

But this will all change!!! As this November, I have couple activities already planned and also some others to be confirmed. Let me start with those in which have been confirmed. (It's not all play and no work!)

I will be attending a course in which I signed up for(along with one of my good friend), when one of the teachers came to my class and asked if we are interested. This course has only limited places and fortunately, I am in the course! Sadly, my good friend is not but fortunately, there's one people who wants to back out of the course and so my friend(the back up as the teacher says)is in the course with me too! What's this course I have been mindlessly rambling about? This course is named Digital Gaming Development, which is one of the Advanced Elective Modules (AEMs) and our school will be collaborating with Temasek Polytechnic for this. This means that I will be going to Temasek Polytechnic to attend this course during 1-13 November 2007. Only 3 days are of half day session. I will upload a picture of my timetable here when I have time. The time in which the course will end for a full day session is 4.30pm. A typical half day session will end at 12.30pm if I am not wrong. Just in case you do not know, here's what I found about AEMs from Wikipedia,
AEMs may be used for polytechnic admission under the Joint Polytechnic Special Admissions Exercise (JPSAE) and the Direct Polytechnic Admission (DPA) exercise. They may also be used for credit exemption in subjects that are relevant to the pupil’s subsequent course of study in the Polytechnic.
Hmmm....interesting.

Besides that, I am also not free for the whole day from 14-26 November 2007 as I am going over to New Zealand for a exchange programme with Te Puke High School, a high school in New Zealand! This is going to be a 14 Days 13 Nights trip along with 3 key personnel (Mr Yong Kek Shoong (VP), Mrs Sukhdev Singh (HOD EL/Literature) and Mrs Chia Siew Ching (SH Pupils’ Welfare). It's a small group as only 30 of us(students)(30 is the maximum number they would take.)are going there. This is going to be the fourth time my school organized a twinning programme to Te Puke High School. We are traveling by Singapore Airline. The original total cost for the whole trip was $3449 but then the school informed us that due to a surge in prices of jet fuel worldwide, Singapore Airline is imposing an increase of approximately of S$140 per participant at 1st August 2007. However, as my school has been working with the travel agency, Global Adventure Consultants Pte. Ltd. which has planned the previous trips to New Zealand, for two months, the company is willing to absorb partial cost of the increase. Thus, each of the participant will now have to pay an additional of $70. This brings the total cost pf the trip from $3449 to $3519. Before you gasp and faint, I am happy to say that due to the subsidies offered, and also that I can deduct $500 from my Edusave, I only have to pay $1126.

This trip includes 5 day hosting with one of the Te Puke High School student's family so we can get to know about their daily life. If you interested to see the programme itinerary(and the places we are going along with some pictures) for this New Zealand trip, you can download it from my school website. Just check out my school at Wikipedia and you will know the link to my school website. I am very excited about this trip for this is going to be the 2nd time I am going overseas and 1st time I am traveling by plane! I am going to borrow a very big suitcase from one of my uncles who always go overseas for work purpose. Besides that, some other preparations for the New Zealand trip included getting a cheer ready, a powerpoint about Singapore, dance and song performance, a symbol/picture to represent yourself for the polo shirt.....

The symbol/picture I have already handed it up as the deadline was on 28/09/07(Friday). If you don't hand up by the deadline, your symbol/picture will not appear on the polo shirt. I stayed back after school yesterday(28/09/07) to do last minute work for the symbol/picture. At first I wanted to use the picture below,

but then I found the picture below


on the internet. But as my school library printer for student use is only able to print black and white(as seen in the picture below)
, I print out the picture in black and white. Hence, I had two pictures to choose from to put onto the polo shirt. I was troubled for both pictures were very nice. Then I realized that as the polo shirt colour is black(we choosed the colour ourselves), the picture might not even show up on the polo shirt at all. So I used the colour printer used by authorized people(I am a librarian so I can use it) to print out the coloured picture(shown again below) and used it as a picture to represent myself.

Below:The picture used to represent myself.

What do you think of the picture? =^0^=

No comments: