Sunday, April 20, 2008

*~.:: ♥Checked out Black Alice Grand Opening yesterday♥::.~*

[UPDATED 22/04/2008 TO ADD PICTURES OF THE STORE!]
Yesterday, 19 April 2008 (Saturday), was the grand re-opening of my favourite lolita store, Black Alice.

How could I missed it???!!!!

After several discussions, I found out that Rin and Kristy were both interested to visit Black Alice as well. So in the end, Kristy, Rin, Huang Wang, Elie and I arranged to meet up at Douby Ghaut MRt Station. After several delays, we finally found each other! Kristy warned me that her mother is going to come along with us but I didn't expect it to turn into a reality! Her mother seemed to be very strict person but I think that she is a really nice person who dotes on Kristy for she lets Kristy buy things almost whenever she ask for it!

Since I was the only one who was really familiar with the way to Black Alice, I lead the way like a tour guide.

Upon arriving, I was overwhelmed by the sight in front of me. Black Alice has transformed big time since I last visited when it was only a shell! As Black Alice promised, the store was filled with lots of adorable item. I am not kidding! What can say you about two racks full of jumpers, dresses, blouses and panniers? Don't forget the parasols, BJDs shoes and garments, and also many other accessories like headdresses, top hats, bags and necklaces!

Elie and I pondered around the store, poking at the items we like and getting way too starry eyed. The store was filled with people. A sofa was there for customers to sit on. The Lolita girls took advantage of this to rest their feet. Noticed that I had said Lolita girls. Now why is that so? The reason is simple. There were actually people who were dressed up in Lolitas to visit the grand re-opening of Black Alice! Black Alice is definitely having lots of business on that day! Why, Kristy contributed to it as well! She managed to get her mum to pay for a pair of shoes for her BJD Kisaki! She later told me that if only she brought her Kisaki here for she would be able to persuade her mother to pay for the garment she intend to buy for Kisaki as well! My my....Kristy is certainly something! Now do you understand why I said that her mother dotes on her??! ^0^

I wished that I had enough money to get something! The clothes are certainly too gorgeous!!!! I am not the only one for Elie spotted a Rabbit Ears blouse she wanted for a long time. Well, I am currently searching for a lolita skirt to match with my blouse...so oh well....any sponsors? >.<

ALL PICTURES TAKEN FROM HERE

When Black Alice was at Little Red Dot




BUT NOW...BIGGER STORE!!!~~~
Black Alice at The Cathay!!!





After visiting Black Alice, the others went their own way while I took Huang Wang for a tour of other Lolita and Cosplay stores worth seeing such as Atsuki, MR. COSPLAY’S OTAKU HOUSE, Haru and Blood Romance. She was of course amazed by the clothings and eventually decided to go Gothic Lolita style! Funny that she actually did not wish to wear skirts or dresses at first...

After that I went to Hougang Mall while Huang Wang went home. i was eating Strawberry Sundae walking outside Hougang Mall when i saw a stall selling an cream coloured laced umbrella with designs(like those you would find on BTSSB dresses) looks a lot like a Lolita parasol. They are selling it only $23.??(Forgotten the exact cents)when a parasol is around $60++. I told the staff(Female, around 20++) that it looks like a Lolita Umbrella and asked her if she knew what it was. Turns out that she had heard that phrase before but did not know what it exactly is. I explained to her about lolita and that lolita is not cosplay, there are stores that sells cosplay and lolita clothes in Singapore(She thought that we have to tailor lolita clothes) etc... I found out that her younger sister was interested in cosplay and lolita so I gave her the name cards of Black Alice, Haru, Pan-In-The-Box and Mr Cosplay's Otaku House for her sister to have a chance to get those clothes! =D But I was kind of sad to part with my name cards*especially Black Alice for it's really nice and posh! Black background and Black Alice design in gold!!*...never mind...I shall visit those stores some day and get the name cards again! =^0^=

I guess that I shall stop here! ^0^

P.S I was surprised that I would actually dare to talk to some stranger about lolita and cosplay! O.o Guess that I am really friendly after all!!! You guys were right to put it as my characteristics.... =D

No comments: