Monday, March 16, 2009

House Phone Line Is Activated!

The phone line is finally fixed. My house phone line has been down for several days starting from last Friday, 13 March 2009. They cut the line in the morning. We thought that all will be fine when the SingTel Technical Personal come to install the modem. He came at around 4pm+. We expect that it wouldn't take him too long to get it fixed and before the broadband and the phone line will start working as per normal. Alas, that was only what we hope for in our dreams.

Friday the thirteen was not a lucky day for us. He fiddled around for more than an hour and had called for help on his phone for umpteen times. Our Mio Voice was still not working. It turns up that as I quote from him, the exchange was not registered with Asp Neo? and thus, we need to wait for a day before our Mio Voice will start working. He gave me a number and said that if my Mio Voice was not working by Saturday, 14 March 2009, I will be required to call the number for help. When I asked him what time he Mio Voice will start working, it appears to me that he did not know the answer. Thus, I waited until Monday, 16 March 2009, to make the call as I was not sure if the Customer Service Officers do work on a Sunday. I have to borrow the phone from my neighbour to make the call. Luckily for me, she was incredibly willing to lend me her phone while my mother stayed to hat with her. All of the officers were engaged when I called, thus, I had to wait for around ten minutes or more before I was finally connected to an officer. The lady directed me to another number when she heard of my situation. Thus, I have to make another call using the given number. A soothing female mechanical voice greeted me and after I have pressed the right numbers, it directed me to another officer. Thankfully, the female officer gave me two options after she had understood of my plight. One was to book an appointment for the technical man to come again on Tuesday, 17 March 2009, during 11pm to 1pm. After booking the appointment, she proceeded with the second option which was to reset the line even though in her record, it appears to her that our phone line is line? All I had to do after that was to off and on my modem again. The first time I tried to call my house using my hand phone, I still get the weird noise. I decided to try for a second time. A couple seconds later, I heard the sweet sound of both of my house phones ringing. The line is working again! It has been working smoothly ever since that fateful 1.30pm. I hope that it will continue to do so for a very long time...

If you are wondering what happened to the appointment that I had booked, don't worry. I did call to cancel the appointment the minute the Mio Voice was active.

The Mio Voice package which my father had signed up for allows us to have free incoming and outgoing calls. I am happy to say that my ears wouldn't be subject to my mother's nagging on the phone bills! Thank goodness for that! The package also includes features such as call waiting, 3 lines, call forwarding etc. Isn't that cool?

No comments: