Friday, March 06, 2009

Miracles Do Happen! My New Handphone!

That's right folks! You didn't read the title wrongly. Miracles do indeed happen! I had gotten my new handphone! Guess what? It's new and it's the model and colour I wanted too! Looks like the sun will start rising from the other side now!

My dear friends will certainly understand how hard it is to get anything from my father. Let alone having him pay the full cost of the phone. I am sure that what he have in mind initially was to get $0 phone with 2 years contract. Alas, when I had my heart set on Sony Ericsson W595 that cost $168 last December, he was all against it. Even when I offered to pay the full cost of the phone and I even gave him the cash right on spot! Did he relent? No! Obviously, he wanted a $0 phone. I want to get a $0 phone too. However, I had done some research(reviews, asking around etc) and found out that the phones that were available for $0 at that time were not very reliable. They will shut off or on suddenly and even cutting off right in the middle of a call. What's the use of a $0 phone if it can't even get it's basics right? He waved me away with a promise that he will get me the phone before Chinese New Year if the price of the phone doesn't drop. He broke the promise.

By the time the fifteen days of Chinese New Year were over, I longer held hopes of getting a new phone. At most I will buy a phone for myself when I start work. After all, I had waited for four years for a new phone. It wouldn't hurt me to wait for another three years.

After another few more promises broken later, he said that he will pay for the phone(which cost $198) I wanted and that I will get it on 3rd March 2009, Tuesday.

Amazingly, I did. I found it on my table in the morning when I woke up.

A miracle indeed.

In it, I found a receipt for the phone and a Singtel bill. The phone already had a plastic casing which serves as a protect case to protect the phone from harm. I think he bought it since phone doesn't comes with that for free. That's good. Protecting my phone from scratches and all. A 2GB memory card is already slot into the phone too. =D However, it seems like he had changed the broadband contract to Mio as well. The Mio facilities are fantastic. However, what worries me is that in order for our home to be able to receive calls, we have to keep our modem on all the time. I am worried that our modem will get spoiled easily. If that's so, that means no internet and no phone! We have to go to that place and get it changed ourself too. Such hassle. What if it's night and we have to use the computer to do project? Our schoolwork will get affected if we can't complete the project on time due to the lack of internet!

I shall worry about that later...

I suspect the reason he paid for my phone is so that he can claim that he has no money to buy a laptop for school after paying for my phone. A perfect excuse indeed. Even though he had already did tell me to pay for laptop using my bank money...still, I can't help wondering...

Pictures of my phone!


PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Good bye Nokia! You have served me well! Hello Sony Ericsson! Work well for me!

~\(=^0^=)/~

No comments: