Thursday, April 02, 2009

Tampines 1 OPENING! ~UNLEASH SHOPPING MADDNESS!~

I had just been to CD-RAMA again this morning. In the staff's eyes, I must look like some suspicious person to them, walking in and out, in and out of the store. While in reality, I am actually waiting for a chance when the staff is free so that I could ask he/she when the stock for BEST & USA is coming in.

Finally, after more than half an hour of walking aimlessly around the mall and checking on the shelves to see if BEST & USA is on the shelves, I saw my opportunity.

The female staff at the counter of CD-RAMA was free after the customer, who had bought lots of things, had left. Finally.

Upon hearing my question, she was stumped. It turns up that she was only standing in for a CD-RAMA staff that had left for lunch. Thus, she was not familiar with the items in CD-RAMA. She did try to help me though, after I had written down the name of the album and the singer on a piece of paper.

That started a session on rummaging through the shelves for the album even though I knew that it wouldn't be there. After all, I had done the same thing before, and the album certainly didn't appear right before my eyes.

After five minutes, she gave up and asked if I could come back when the staff has return from lunch. Since I have tons of free time on my hands, I agreed.

I took my time to return. After around ten minutes, that's five minutes more than the said time, I returned.

The actual staff for the CD-RAMA store has returned. It was another female. That suits me. After repeating the same question, she gave me the same answer that I had been hearing for so many times. No. When I questioned if she did know when will the stock arrive, she checked the "memo" (that was actually a pile of shrink down black and white slideshow featuring each album cover, singer and arrive date), and failed to find BEST & USA or even the debut eponymous English studio album, BoA. According to her, the "memo" was the latest one. Thus, by rights, if there were any news on BEST & USA. It would be in the future "memo". With that, she proceeded on taking out the list of contact numbers and details and asked me if I would like to put by name down. She promised that when the album arrive in store, she will call to inform me. When I told her I already had, she flipped through the contact list as an attempt to find me. Interestingly, I noted that there were much more names on the contact list, waiting for information on BEST & USA then before. After all, I was the first of that outlet to inquire about the album and to put my name down.

It's good to see that BoA does have fans like me, who wanted to get their hands on BEST & USA as fast as possible.

Tomorrow is the day of release for the album BoA in Taiwan. Since BoA was not found in the "memo", I supposed that when I proceed to the store tomorrow, I wouldn't be seeing it on the shelves.

How long I wonder, will I have to wait for BEST & USA? I supposed that if I had ordered it online, I would have gotten it by now.

My mother suggested me keeping a look out for it while shopping with a friend at Tampines 1. I was actually hoping that I could get it earlier so I could let her listen it as well. I had seen the list of some of the store that would be in Tampines 1 but I didn't notice any music stores on the list.

Oh well, I will see when I get there.

Speaking of Tampines 1, for those who are still in the dark, Tampines 1 is a new shopping mall currently under construction located between the Tampines MRT Station and Tampines Bus Interchange. The mall is slated to open in early 2009. For more information, read it up at Wikipedia and Tampines 1 Official Website.

Since there isn't any actual date for the opening of Tampines 1, I plan to visit the mall when UNIQLO opens. That is Thursday,9 April, 2009.

What's UNIQLO? UNIQLO is Japan’s leading clothing retail chain in terms of both sales and profits. The company also operates in China, Hong Kong, South Korea, the United Kingdom, France and the United States. The clothes they offer are mostly casual style. UNIQLO was labeled as Japan's version of Giordano. For more information, prices of some clothes they are selling, visit UNIQLO Singapore. So far, I think that the prices are extremely reasonable considering that they are a Japanese brand. As we know, Japan is famous for their high living standards, especially Tokyo. The prices are around the Giordano and Bossini range. Quite affordable though I do hope that they will hold a opening sale for better bargains!

No. Scratch that. I hope that all the stores in Tampines 1 will hold opening sales! I need all the bargains I am going to get.

Check out the UNIQLO Women's Jeans 2009 Spring/Summer New Collection "Colored Skinny" below. It's so cute! The pink color is nice...but hard to match...I am planning to get a pair of skinny jeans anyway...looks like I will have tons of fun trying it on.

Click to enlarge

Photobucket



I had asked a friend along for this shopping trip although I am not sure if she will back out at the last minute, since she is notorious for doing so. I do hope that she will not do so ever again for that matter, even though it's too much to hope for that. My patience is stretching thin this days.

Gosh, I am getting sidetracked.

This shopping trip is required since, well, I am curious about the new mall and UNIQLO, and also due to the reason I am seriously lacking clothes for school after gaining four kilograms from slacking at home. I can't fit in almost all the bottoms. ARGH! Imagine my horror when I realized that. At least I am still underweight...I hate to admit but I am getting seriously unfit though. I can't afford to lose my walking speed. I got to exercise more now. >.<

Thus, this is seriously going to be a hardcore shopping trip. All hail! Fear the shopping demon within me!

Where does the money come from? My mother of course. Thankfully, she had enough wisdom to set aside some money for me to spend on new clothes. I hope that I will have enough money to get all the items I require.

So far, here's my shopping list for school:

-In no particular order-

1)MORE CLOTHES!
2)A new pair of white Loli-able ballet flats/mary janes(that's low-heeled)
3)New bag for school
4)Laptop sleeve
5)Boots

Looks easy but difficult to get the items that I totally heart.

I didn't have a chance to totally splurge out on tons of new clothes and shoes before. This is going to be fun.

I had borrowed UGLIES and Bogus to Bubbly again since I need ideas for the Fan made UGLIES movie poster. I had already submitted some ideas yesterday but I think that the ideas are not original enough. Thus, this led it to the need to read it again for ideas. How will it turn out I wonder?

I had also borrowed Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils(天龙八部) DVD from my uncle. After all, I could always watch Inuyasha since I own it but to have a chance to watch Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils(天龙八部) is rare.

Hmm...that's all for today. Let's hope that the shopping trip will go on successfully without a hitch and please let BEST & USA be released soon!

No comments: